As part of our converting capabilities, MBK Tape Solutions offers a variety of slitting methods and machinery to slit various pressure-sensitive adhesive and flexible materials to custom widths and lengths. We slit up to 60” jumbo rolls of materials down to 0.015” micro slit rolls. MBK has experience with single knife slitting and rewind slitting films, foils, foams, textiles, non-wovens, and other specialty materials with or without adhesives on to different core styles and sizes.
Lathe slitting, also referred to as baloney, lever or single-knife slitting, produces custom width rolls of tapes or other flexible materials. Lathe slitting involves spinning large log rolls of adhesive tape while a computer-guided blade slits rolls to your desired width. Setup is quick and allows efficient use of the material.
Rewind Slitting involves unrolling a large master roll of material through a series of strategically placed blades and rewinding rolls to a specified width and length. Rewind slitting affords the operator to slit materials to a tight tolerance as well as vary the length of the material. Depending on the material, rewind slitting uses score, shear, or razor methods, and produces multiple cuts per cycle.
- Score Slitting uses circular knives pressed against a steel cylinder or mandrel. The material is then pulled through, passing between the knives and the mandrel. Score cutting is more appropriate for materials of inconsistent thickness.
- Shear Slitting uses two rotary knives that function in the same way as a pair of scissors. The material is cut at the junction of the two sharp edges and is ideal for paper, foil, and heavier gauge materials.
- Razor-cut Slitting employs single razor blades positioned at stationary intervals across the machine. The material is pulled through the stationary blades, making precise, clean cuts. Razor slitting is best suited for films and thinner materials of consistent thickness.
- Baloney Slitting
- Crush Cutting
- Lathe Slitting
- Razor Slitting
- Score Slitting
- Shear Slitting
- Single Knife Slitting
- Zero Tension Slitting
Minimum- ±0.25 in (0.01 mm)
Maximum- 60 in (1524 mm)
Minimum- 0.015 in (0.381 mm)
Maximum- 60 in (1524 mm)
Minimum- 0.0005 in (0.127 mm)
Maximum- 2 in (50.8 mm)
Minimum- 1 in (25.4 mm)
Maximum- 48 in (1219.2 mm)
Minimum- 0 lb (0 kg)
Maximum- 500 lb (226.79 kg)
± 0.003 in (± 0.127 mm) Varies with material.
Minimum- 1 in (25.4 mm)
Maximum- 6 in (152.4 mm)
- Adhesive Transfer Tapes
- Single Coated Tapes
- Double Coated Tapes
- Cloth / Fabric
- Magnetic Tape
- Release Liners
Minimum- 1 Unit
- Low Volume / Small Run
- Large Scale Production Volume / High Volume / Large Run
- Quoted on Job by Job Basis
- 24 Hour Turn Around Time Available
- Emergency Services Available
- Rush Services Available
- AutoCAD (DWG,DWZ)
- BMP – Bit Mapped Graphics
- DXF – Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format
- GIF – Graphics Interchange Format
- JPG or JEPG – Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PDF – Portable Document Format
- SolidWorks (SLDPRT,SLDDRW,SLDDRT)
- TIFF – Tagged Image File Format
- APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
- Building – Construction, Fenestration, Carpet, Glazing, Tile, Woodworking
- Display – Point of Purchase Display, Graphic Display, Signage
- Electrical – Lighting
- Electronics – Appliances, Computers, Telecommunications
- Entertainment & Hospitality – Exhibitions, Conventions
- Food Processing – Beverage, Agriculture, Fishing, Meat, Dairy
- Government – Aerospace, Defense, Education
- Manufacturing – Converters, Fabricators, Extruders, Furniture, Textiles, Machinery
- Medical & Health Care
- Printing & Labeling
- Personal Care – Beauty Care, Fashion
- Recreation – Athletic Goods, Sporting Goods, Arts & Crafts, Rubber Stamps, Toys, Games, Books
- Renewable Energy – Batteries, Solar, Wind
- Transportation – Aircraft, Automotive, Buses, Trucks, Trailers, Marine Craft, Recreation Vehicles, Trains
- ANSI – American National Standards Institute
- AS – Aerospace Industry Standard
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- CSA – Canadian Standards Association
- FAA – Federal Aviation Administration
- FDA – Food And Drug Administration
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization
- Mil – Spec-Military Specifications
- RoHS – Restriction Of Hazardous Substances (Compliant)
Custom slit tapes reduce labor, material waste, assembly time, and ensure a more uniform finished product. Custom width slitting enables you to accurately fit your substrate into your design without additional fabrication. Custom slit rolls are used in a variety of applications including automotive, appliances, construction, and much more.
At MBK Tape Solutions, our slitting services encompass every step of the production process from concept through delivery. When you work with our team, we will partner with you through the following phases:
- Concept. In the concept phase, we’ll discuss the materials, performance specifications, quantity, usage, and timeline for your custom slitting project.
- Product design. In collaboration with your engineers, our specialists will help determine the best material to meet your specifications.
- Production. MBK will determine the best slitting method for your materials and desired results. Our custom manufacturing services offer quick turnaround times to meet your schedule, and we can also accommodate rushed orders.
- Delivery. The delivery phase encompasses several service offerings from shipping your orders in incremental amounts or large lots, inventory management, and complete turnkey product fulfillment.
Custom slit rolls are used in a variety of applications including automotive, appliances, electronics, and much more. Custom slit tapes reduce labor, waste, assembly time, and ensure a more uniform finished product.
MBK Tape Solutions offers perforating and other converting services. From prototype to large-scale production runs, MBK Tape Solutions can deliver top-quality slitting services with quick turnaround times and adherence to strict industry standards and customer requirements.
Our ISO 9001 certification combined with our stringent quality assurance protocol ensures optimal quality for your finished products. As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, we offer competitive pricing, high levels of consistency, and outstanding service to all our customers.