Rubber Tape consists of an elastomer polymeric rubber-based material with adhesive backing. Rubber is a viscoelastic blend of polymeric rubber-based materials that can be natural, synthetic, or expanded. Synthetic elastomers include, but are not limited to: Silicone Rubber, Neoprene Rubber, Nitrile Rubber/Buna-N Rubber, Butyl Rubber, EPDM Rubber, SBR Rubber, SBR/EPDM Blended Rubber, and Viton® Rubber. Each type of rubber offers unique characteristics.
Rubber-backed tape can handle the most demanding requirements including high-temperature, chemical resistant, acid resistance, and more. Depending on the chemistry and construction, rubber products are often used in gaskets, fluid sealing, electrical insulation, and splicing applications for an array of industries from transportation to biocompatible medical products.
- Silicone Rubber is widely used in the medical industry as an insulator against high temperatures, and resistance to weather aging, ozone, and chemicals. Learn more about Silicone Rubber.
- Neoprene Rubber is a versatile general-use blend of synthetic rubber, commonly used in gasketing and industrial padding where temperature, oil, and flame resistance are required.
- Nitrile Rubber / Buna-N Rubber is commonly used in the electrical transformer, food, and sealing industries as they provide high tensile strength and is resistant to oils and acids.
- EPDM Rubber is used for outdoor and high ozone environment applications such as roofing and automotive application.
- Butyl Rubber offers strong adhesion to most surfaces and a waterproof seal and is often used on home repairs from pipes to vents.
- SPR Rubber is an inexpensive general-purpose synthetic elastomer used in diverse industrial applications, from tires, and conveyor belts to seals and gaskets.
- Viton® Rubber, developed by Dupont Company, is a fluoroelastomer that outperforms in very hot and extremely critical corrosive environments.
As a Boyd company, MBK Tape Solutions has access to Boyd’s Material Science portfolio and global material supply partners. We source all types of rubbers, from soft to hard rubber products in various durometers, to different thicknesses, widths, and grades, such as General, FDA, and Medical. Rubber tapes are available with acrylic, rubber, or silicone adhesive on one or both sides in any combination.
Please visit the online catalog to learn more about our wide assortment of rubber products and their specifications. Call our friendly, knowledgeable experts at 818-998-1477 to assist you in identifying the best rubber product for your application. MBK designs and converts the rubber sheets into custom-size strips, rolls, shapes, and configurations. Contact us today!
For over 50 years, MBK has provided converting services to a wide variety of industries. We are ISO certified and a 3M Preferred Industrial and Medical Tape Converter. As a Boyd company, MBK Tape Solutions has access to custom rubber compounds, molds, and extrusions that offer a variety of characteristics. MBK and Boyd engineers will source the best materials for your application and design for manufacturing considering performance, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
Rubber components can be manufactured on three continents, ensuring redundancy and regional availability. At the MBK facility in Southern California, our converting capabilities include die-cutting, multi-layer laminating, custom slitting, printing, and much more. Materials can be converted with or without adhesive, in nearly any size, shape, or configuration, supplied on rolls, sheets, or individualized pieces. From prototyping and testing through full-scale production, MBK makes for an ideal partner at every stage of your product cycle. For your next project, request a quote.